Ben's Wish To Walk 5 mile road race is organised by Ilkley Harriers to help raise funds for Ben Smithson, a 9 year old
Ilkley boy with Cerebral Palsey who has the opportunity of life-changing surgery in January 2011 if his family can raise
more than £45,000 to send him to America.
Thank you to all the runners, 176 entered, about 70 of them local unattached runners supporting this great cause.
Over £1800 was raised. Results.
View Ben's Wish To Walk 5 mile race 2010 in a larger map
- Sunday 7th November 2010
- UKA License 2010-101154
- 10am start
- Parking: at Ilkley Lido, LS29 0BZ
- Preentry has now closed, but entry on the day is available £9 for UK athletics affiliated runners, £11 for unattached runners
- Entry on the day, and race number collection for pre-entered runners, from 8.45am at Ilkley Lido Pavilion
- The minimum age for entry is 15 on the day
- Scenic course, mainly on the road, with a little bridleway. Map below.
- The race is fully flagged and marshalled
- Race Organiser Neil Chapman - email queries to
- Race numbers, and prizes for 1st man and 1st woman donated by The Complete Runner, Ilkley