The Ilkley Moor fell race has been staged by Ilkley Harriers every
year since 1990. It is a hard fell race in Winter and not really suitable for beginners as there are some steep,
slippery, and rocky descents.
Pete Bland Sports again generously supported the race in 2013, providing winners' prizes and race numbers, and his travelling shop was at the event.
Provisional date for the 25th Ilkley Moor fell race (permisssions requested) is Sunday 23rd February 2014
Some Woodentops video YouTube'd by Will Neill:
- Sunday 24th February 2013
- Under FRA Rules
- AS (Category A, Short) fell race - 8km, 401m climb
- Start at 11.30am, race number collection from 10am
- Demanding course (see description and course map)
ER - Experience Required, PM - course part-marked
- Records - 35:31 Simon Bailey 2004; 43:12 Emma Clayton 2012
- Start from near Wells Road, Ilkley GR 115470, nearest postcode LS29 9RF but do approach via Ilkley not over Keighley Gate Road by car.
- Limit of 300 runners so pre-entry only, no entry on the day (even if the limit is not reached entries will close at 5pm Saturday), no transfer of entries allowed, no refunds unless the event is cancelled.
- Age 16+ (16 on the day of the race)
- Prizes for all categories on the entry form
- Please arrive in good time to collect your number on the day - every runner must sign for their own race number.
- Betty's & Taylors of Harrogate will be providing a sample pack of Yorkshire Tea for senior finishers, as in previous years
- The FRA Safety Requirements for fell races require thay you bring full FRA safety kit to the race (section 9). Based on previous years, most likely you will have to carry a windproof/waterproof top, but you may also have to carry other items from the FRA safety kit list, and if there are any kit requirements specified on the day there must be random kit checks as per section 9.
- Prizes: trophies for 1st man, 1st lady, 1st local man and lady (local meaning 1st-claim Ilkley Harrier).
A long prize list for other categories including 1st men's (4) team and 1st ladies (3) team (bona fide clubs).
- Cancellation? In the event of severe weather or other circumstances forcing cancellation, this will be notified
here, and local clubs will be advised.
Junior races start from 10.30am, entry on the day only from 9.30am - more info on
the junior page
- For 2013 we have had to obtain SSSI consent from Natural England for the event to proceed: one of the conditions set by them is that a no smoking policy is introduced for spectators, event organisers and participants.
Get in the mood with the 2012 race videos filmed by Robert Adamson and YouTube'd by Will Neill:
junior races video,
senior race video.
Past results and photos